To develop diploma seeking students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) into independent adults through research based education strategies designed to increase academic and social success.
- Lionheart Academy of the Triad recognizes that individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder have different learning needs than their typically developing peers.
- Lionheart targets those students capable of achieving a high school diploma, but have difficulty learning in a traditional classroom environment.
- A traditional diploma track as well as an Occupational Course of Study (OCS) track will be offered.
- Our education plan for both tracks focuses on the whole child using programming developed to address their specific needs to help facilitate independence post high school.
- Research based strategies such as Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Social Thinking® (developed by Michelle Garcia Winner) will drive individualized instruction and programming used throughout their education.
- With a strong focus on the social environment coupled with the targeted behavioral intervention, Lionheart will be better equipped to deal with minor offenses without punitive consequences.